Juniper Foster: New York Artist
- Had first exhibit in 1988 at the age of 14.
- Studied with Graziella de Solodow.
- A Fine Art major (with a focus in painting) at Goucher College; Juniper graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- While studying at Goucher, Juniper took additional courses with Leslie King-Hammond at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA).
- Juniper moved to Los Angeles and while there working with mixed media materials that had been rejected by Utrecht produced a well-received body of work on women. Juniper worked Art Department on three feature films , the last one bringing her to New York City.
- At age 27 she changed from working in mixed media to oils and began working large scale.
- Juniper studied creative arts and exhibited her work multiple summers at the Noyse School of Rhythm.
- Shortly thereafter she showed her work at City Island galleries.
- She created a series of paintings for a line of cards titled Tiny Gallery.
- In 2010 she became affiliated with international and highly acclaimed artist Harry Folsom and under his guidance nurtured her palette into the very recognizable paintings that she is currently working on. Her abstract works are exceptional, drawing the spectator into the paintings where they are transformed into participants of the art itself.
- In 2014 she began showing her work in Manhattan.
- In 2016 she joined Larry Poons master class at The Art Students League
- In 2016 she had solo show at Sol LeWitts’ CBSRZ Temple Gallery in Chester, CT
- In 2017 began teaching and showed at Shastye Gallery in Astoria, NY